VP of Engineering - Angular / PHP / SQL / AWS 10 yrs+ experience - Full time
We are looking for an experienced VP of Engineering to manage a diverse development team. The responsibilities of a VP of Engineering include leading a team of developers and engineers and improving company products and services
To be successful as a VP of Engineering, you should have prior organizational leadership experience, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. Ultimately, a top-grade VP of Engineering should demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and a have solid foundation in software design and cloud based architecture.
VP of Engineering Responsibilities:
Leading the team through management and mentorship.
Contributing to recruitment activities.
Developing standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent.
Preparing and optimizing budgets.
Recommending relevant distributed technological developments and improvements on efficiency.
Developing the team to ensure quality end products.
VP of Engineering Requirements:
Computer Engineering degree or Computer Science
Strong organizational leadership skills.
Extensive experience in working with stakeholders to create hiring strategies to develop quality team and teams of outsourced developers.
Experience in recruiting Engineers and contributors.
Previous working experience in software design, Web technologies, APP design – IOS/Android and developing customer-and enterprise class platforms.
Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
String background in Full Stack Development, AWS, Apps, Machine Learning and other distributed computing technologies.
Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management.
u Engineering or Mechanical or Computer Science
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 8+ years of Full Stack Development
- 5+ years of PHP development experience
- 5+ Year in Angular API connections to MySQL
- 3-5 years of AWS EC2
- Experience with Azure VMs
- Experience with architectural structure of web applications
- Experience with varying integrations of third-party APIs
- Experience with Git
- Experience with phpmyadmin
- Able to write clean, readable, maintainable and testable code
- Understanding of linux server management
- CSV parsing
- Ability to quickly learn our stack and diagnose potential issues
- Ability to work independently
- Detail-oriented mindset for planning and program management
- Ability to learn and understand different technical topics fast and being able to discuss and explain it to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to act and perform with personal integrity
Strong interest or experience within the Auto industry
Passionate about maintaining a clean frontend and backend
Knowledge of cars, OBD-II
Knowledge or experience with Machine Learning (SVM, Perceptron, NNs)
Ability to remain focused, even while primarily working virtually
CarDr.com is founded by a serial entrepreneur Parry Singh and backed by Red Fort Capital
The Inspections of Used Cars are overseen by CarDr.com's AI and performed by trained auto inspectors - who use a CarDr.com Inspector APP, ensuring a rigorous inspection.
During the Inspection the AI connects to the On Board Diagnostics (OBD) of the vehicle using our Inspector APP and an Diagnostic Port Adapter. The AI reads every parameter from the car’s OBD – from engine RPM, vehicle speed, fuel trim to coolant temperature. The CarDr.com AI then presents you with Vehicle Inspection Report based on all inspection steps and OBD data.