What every Pre-Purchase Car Inspection needs
Pre-purchase used car inspections are an emerging trend in the used car industry that promise a higher quality experience for used car buyers. The Inspections can help add a trained eye to a big ticket purchase and if done well can avoid a "bad car" syndrome - experience by some naive buyers. The sellers of used cars most of the time are Auto Dealers and some have gotten a bad reputation of not sharing all the facts of the car. To help a new "Used Car" buyer Car Inspections are the a very helpful of car buyers of all age" says Matt Quirke, a qualified auto-industry inspector. Matt has done over 2,000 used car inspections and found several hidden issues that made a buyer either optimize price or make another choice. When we queried the industry experts here are the top few things that they suggested.
What a Used Car inspection needs to include:
- Car’s History: prior accidents etc. Sources include CarFax and AutoCheck
- Professional Inspection Process – a standardized process to ensure it's not an adhoc inspection and follows a comprehensive process & by a qualified inspector
- DTC Error Codes Check: Review Car’s error Codes and issues
- OBD - On Board Diagnostic Analysis: Review Car’s OBD - to understand the pulse of the car
- Comparison to Peers: so you know if you have a good value.
The problem with many service providers of used car inspections is that the process and expertise is adhoc. Sometimes car inspection take multiple days and don’t include a fair process nor comparison to peers.
At CarDr.com we didn’t like the adhoc approach, unprofessional process and lack of OBD data analytics data prior to making a big purchase decision - so we are here to fix it.
CarDr.com provides used car inspections driven by car history, a process driven inspection, DTC error codes and OBD data analytics- allowing you to know how the inspected vehicle compares to it's peers. So you can know for certain that you are getting the most bang for your buck.